08 November 2006

Republicans eat Shit

So, the emptywarhead Republicans, and Dubya in particular, were issued a sharp rebuke by the American voters.

Awesome. I'm kinda happy, but also a little cynical, I'm not sure that much will change, i'm not sure that much can change.

I mean, there's still Dubya in the White House.
The Dems that did get elected were very centrist and mostly indistinguishable from the Republicans.
There's been 6 years of a complete committefuck of the American political landscape, the economy, Iraq, global relations and so much Godblessing of America that I'm not sure a couple years of a paralyzed Congress and House can erase the 6 year trainwreck of the Bush presidency.

I mean, some stuff can get done I'm sure, but with control of the lower House of Reps, and at this point (at best) a 1 seat majority in Congress I predict, no matter how conciliatory the tones being adopted by the winners are, I predict partisan bickering for 2 years, and then the Republicans pointing to the fact in Presidential Race 2008, that the Dem's haven't done a fucking thing since taking over the House.

But I hope I'm wrong about that.

And I'm a Canadian that lives in Europe, so what the fuck do I know about the intricacies of American politics?

Very little, but enough to be disheartened by what goes on in the heart of the Evil Empire.

However, I will do my best to be slightly heartened by what happened in the election yesterday.

Eat it Bush, eat it with a big big born-againwar-mongering spoon.

That's what comeuppance tastes like.

That's what the American people want you to eat. And there in the bowl, smothered in comeuppance. That is crow. Eat that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment